We provide affordable web design services.
If you’re like most companies, you know a modern, mobile-ready website is critical to making a great first impression on new visitors and sets you apart from your competition. Clear messaging and simple navigation help you increase the likelihood that your site will convert those visitors into customers.
But what you may not know is that a fast website with clean code can improve your performance in Google’s search results. We’ve been pleasantly surprised at how several of our clients have seen key metrics like traffic, bounce rate, and average length of time spent on site improve, simply by upgrading to a new website. View samples and case studies in our portfolio.
If you already have a website and want to re-design it and move it into a new CMS like WordPress, this is included as part of our web design services. We will:
- Take the time to consult with you on the purpose and design of your new site
- Provide you with a mock-up, so you can make changes as needed
- Backup and move all of your existing content
- Move/update hosting if needed
- Provide you with a live site to preview on our staging server, prior to going live
Once you are happy with the design and all content is in place, we launch your new site. We take great care in making sure this is a smooth, seamless transition and do everything in our power to minimize any down time.
WordPress Web Design
Most of the sites we design are custom-coded in WordPress. We choose WordPress because it’s easy to learn and use and is widely accepted as one of the most search engine friendly platforms. If you want to rank better in Google, building your website in WordPress is a great place to start.
WordPress benefits include:
- Industry Standard Architecture. Wordpress has become the default choice for most designers due to it’s ease of use and industry support. It’s constantly being updated by a team of engineers at no cost to the end user.
- Search Engine Friendly. WordPress code is clean and modern which means search engines gobble it right up and quickly understand the meaning of your site. We’ve seen several cases where clients have moved from another content management system (CMS) into WordPress and seen bounce rates and average visits improve literally overnight. What this means is that people are more engaged with your site and more likely to do business with you.
- Plug-Ins. From plug-ins that allow us to optimize your site’s titles and descriptions to plug-ins that allow you to automatically update your Twitter account, if there is something you need for your site, chances are that someone has written a plug-in for it. Most plug-ins are free.
- Cost Effective. Sites designed in WordPress may cost a little more on the front end, but once your site is up and running, it’s easy to make changes and add content. You won’t have to keep going back to your design team to create expensive new modules. Other content management platforms require you to go back to your webmaster (and pay them) for every change you want to make or fresh idea you’d like to implement. Either that, or they charge you monthly maintenance fees. We think it’s much smarter to invest a little more on the front end to have a website you have control over. Then instead of paying for those monthly maintenance fees, you can get busy with your SEO and online marketing.
If you’re ready to start developing more leads for your business online, we offer a complete online marketing solution that’s customized to fit your budget. And it all begins with your website.
Call us in Portland, Oregon at 503-890-6663 to discuss your internet marketing and web design needs.
Mobile-friendly web design is now something you can’t ignore, since Google has changed their ranking algorithm on mobile devices, as of April 21, 2015.
Simply put, if your website is not mobile ready, you’re not going to rank as well as your competitors, whose sites are mobile ready.
3 Ways To Check Your Site’s Mobile-Readiness
- From your smartphone or tablet: Enter your website and see if it scales properly.
- Online checker: Enter your domain name at this mobile website checker.
- From desktop computer: This video shows you how.
Example Of Non-Mobile Friendly Website
At left is an example of a website which is not mobile friendly (click image to view larger).
- Company logo does not center
- Images and text do not properly scale
- Navigation is difficult
These three factors contribute to making it difficult for users on smartphones and other mobile devices to use your site and that’s why Google is not ranking these sites as highly.
Example Of Mobile-Friendly Website
Now, here is an example of a website which is mobile friendly (click image to view larger).
- Company logo is centered
- Images and text scale perfectly for the device
- Navigation is easy with 1-touch
You can see how this website is easier to use on a smartphone and thus Google will give it priority in mobile search results.
Upgrade To Mobile Or Get Left Behind
Remember when digital television came along not too long ago? We all had to scrap our old TVs and go out and buy a digital-ready television, in order to keep watching.
Google’s announcement marks a new era, just like when digital TV service arrived on the scene. If businesses do not make the investment in a mobile-friendly website, you are going to get left behind.
This is not fear-based selling – these are the facts. If you’re serious about generating leads from your website, you’re going to have to be mobile-ready so your site scales properly to smart phones and tablets.
Website Traffic From Mobile Devices
In 2014, 35% of all website traffic came from mobile devices, according to BrightEdge. This trend is only going to continue as smartphones and tablets become cheaper and more popular.
Can you really afford to risk losing over one-third of the traffic (and leads) to your website?
Traffic Lost From Mobile Devices
Furthermore, 68% of users who find your website will bounce off your site, never contacting you, because your site is not mobile ready.
You’ve probably experienced the frustration of trying to navigate a website that is not mobile-ready on your smartphone. It’s a pain in the butt.
And that’s why Google has made the algorithm change, to show websites that are mobile-ready in its search results.
Mobile-Friendly Website Design Services
Since your website is the foundation for everything you do online, being mobile-friendly is a powerful way to get a jump on competitors and outrank them. Making the switch now gives you a head start on a change that’s going to be inevitable for any business who wants to stay relevant online.
We provide custom-coded web design services which are 100% mobile ready now, and in the future, no matter what size device you have. Our beautiful websites help you convert visitors into customers and they’re built using WordPress, which means they are SEO-friendly.