We offer a 100% guaranteed removal service for Pissed Consumer articles. You pay nothing unless we are successful in removing the link. Call 503-890-6663 for a quote.
About Pissed Consumer
PissedConsumer.com is one of many “consumer complaint” websites that thrives on the dark side of human nature. If you peruse the site, you’ll see it’s nothing more than an endless litany of complaints – both real and fake – posted by people who feel they have been wronged by business owners.
Personally, I wouldn’t believe a thing I read on the site. There is little or no editorial review, which means anyone can write whatever they want. The juicier the story, the more PC owners like it, because gossip and innuendo helps readership – which is how the site makes money. Just look at all of the ads spread throughout the site.
Unfortunately, if you Google your company name and see a Pissed Consumer article on page 1 of search results, you might have some explaining to do. The site is powerful and can easily rank on page 1 of search results. Continued views, clicks, and comments signal to Google that the posting is relevant and thus make it rank even higher.
How We Remove Pissed Consumer Links
We are experts in getting unwanted links removed from Pissed Consumer. More times than not, our legal team gets involved and forces the link to either be deleted or de-indexed.
The process usually takes 2-6 months and you only pay if we’re successful.
Deleted Pissed Consumer Link
When we get a link deleted from Pissed Consumer, it is gone forever. You may still see it in Google for a short time after it’s been removed; this is because your viewing what is in Google’s cache of the world wide web.
However, as soon as Googlebot crawls the PissedConsumer.com website (This can happen in a few hours or a few days) and finds the link is gone, it will no longer appear in search results.
We have no control over the speed with which Google crawls the Pissed Consumer website, but you can rest assured that once Google finds that the negative link is no longer on the site, you will not see it in search results. The deleted link is gone forever and the removal is permanent.
De-Indexed Pissed Consumer Link.
In some cases where complete removal is not possible, we attempt to get the link de-indexed. The result is the same – you won’t see the link in Google search results – but the process is different.
Usually with de-indexing, our legal team has taken the time to get a judgement against the poster of the negative article on Pissed Consumer. When we take that court order to Google, Google usually removes the link from its index which means you will no longer see it appear in search results.
But in some cases, getting a court order is not enough and this is why some legal teams fail in successfully getting the link de-indexed. You wind up paying for effort, but not results.
Not only is our team experts in handling de-indexing issues with Google, we also take all the risk. You pay nothing unless we successfully remove or de-index the link.
Before And After Results
Before a link is removed from Pissed Consumer, search results may appear like this.
Excuse the blur, but we don’t want to cause anyone added harm.
Notice how there are two links showing. The first listing is called a profile link and the second listing is the actual complaint link. Your results may or may not look similar as it is hard to predict what links will rank in Google.
The profile link appears as a sub-domain on the Pissed Consumer website, so it will usually form a URL like:
Profile links are very difficult to remove.
Luckily, after complaints are removed, profile links themselves aren’t that strong and usually do not appear.
Complaint / Review Links
The actual complaint link is what you see after the domain name, so the URL will look like:
The complaint link is what we remove.
Usually, the complaint link is the one that carries all the juice and after we remove it, the corresponding profile link loses its power and no longer ranks. We’ve had several cases where this has happened.
But even if the profile link does appear in Google (after the actual complaint has been removed), there is no associated complaints with it, so it does not appear entirely negative.
Usually, an empty profile link with no associated complaints will simply fall away from Google search results and cause you no further harm.
If you have a Pissed Consumer case with multiple complaints and comments, please contact us for a full review and quote, as each case is slightly different.
How Pissed Consumer Can Effect Your Business
When a Pissed Consumer complaint appears in search results when you Google your business name, one of the three things usually happens:
- Customer sees it and ignores it – no harm done
- Customer sees it and asks you about – you are always having to explain yourself, which puts you at a disadvantage
- Customer sees it and never calls you – you may have a sense for how much business the negative link is hurting your business, but you will never know for sure.
One way you can get a rough estimate of how much business you are losing due to the unwanted Pissed Consumer listing is to analyze the search volume for your company.
Pissed Consumer Removal FAQ
- I have multiple complaints, what is the best strategy?
We charge for removal on a “per complaint” basis. Individual complaints are easier to remove than the profile link (ie, your-company-name.pissedconsumer.com).
If you have proof of widespread defamation (where it’s 1-2 parties writing all of the complaints), the cost can be lower as we take legal action.
We once had a situation where an agency was using Google Adwords to promote the negative complaint they posted on the Pissed Consumer website about a former client.
So, everytime the client would Google their business name, not only did they see the Pissed Consumer review, they also saw a Google paid ad promoting the review.
This malicious use of Google advertising constitutes an abuse of Google’s ad network. We reported the abuse to Google which resulted in the ad being taken down and the PPC account was banned.
We concurrently went to work on removing the complaint from the site and were successful in doing so within a few months.
Now, when the client (who chooses to remain anonymous) Googles his company name, there are no defamatory promotional ads or Pissed Consumer listings within the search results.
This is one of the more extreme cases where one company was clearly attacking another. You don’t have to suffer the effects of a bad review on Pissed Consumer. Call us at 503-890-6663 for a quote on removing it.
What To Do If You’ve Been A Victim
If you find something negative about you or your company on Pissed Consumer, we recommend the following:
- Don’t click ont it. There are lots of SEO case studies like this one that demonstrate that searching for something and clicking on a particular search result signals to Google that the clicked link is relevant. Thus, it ranks higher.
- Don’t comment on it. Your knee jerk reaction may be to confront the author of the post by commenting on it, but be warned – adding comments only makes the original posting stronger. Not only are you adding length, which improves ranking, you also add freshness, which some SEOs believe is a ranking factor. You’re better off doing nothing on the site itself.
- Don’t link to it or share it on social media. Not sure why you’d want to call attention to something negative about your company, but it goes without saying that if you link to it or share it on Facebook or other social media, you just make it stronger.
- Ignore it. If you’re not going to invest in removing or suppressing the link, the best thing to do is ignore it. Over time, it’s possible that the link will fall if it receives no attention. (Unfortunately, this is usually not the case.)
- Create positive content. You can hire us to handle a suppression campaign for you or you can create positive content yourself. The more articles and quality content you can get on authoritative websites, the better your chances of pushing down the negative complaint.
We keep hoping that Google will take manual action on Pissed Consumer, like it did on the mugshot websites back in 2013.
But until then, removal is one of your best options to nip the problem at the root. To discuss your situation and to get a price quote on the removal, please call 503-890-6663.